client is v.1.25, daemon is v.1.23 error

Arfon Smith

02 Dec, 2013 12:34 PM

Hi there, without any changes in my deployed application this error has started to show up (and searches are broken):

App is on Heroku (mpls-sparks)

Gemfile

gem 'thinking-sphinx', '2.1.0'
gem 'flying-sphinx', '1.0.0'

Gemfile.lock

riddle (>= 1.5.6)

This thread seems to describe my issue:
http://support.flying-sphinx.com/discussions/problems/134-client-ve...

Could you please advise how I can fix this?

Cheers
Arfon

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Pat Allan on 02 Dec, 2013 12:50 PM

Dammit, my email replies aren't appearing here nearly as fast as I was expecting. Perhaps they'll come through eventually, but in the meantime:

First message:
    Hi Arfon

Can you let me know what’s in your config/sphinx.yml file? I’m just investigating on the server now.

Second message:
    Somehow the Sphinx version you have configured (I’m guessing it’s 2.1.0) was ignored when setting up a monit script for your daemon, and it defaulted to 1.10 instead… and so at some point your daemon died and monit started it up with the wrong Sphinx version.

I’ve fixed the monit file and restarted the daemon using Sphinx 2.1.0 - so hopefully searches should be working again. If that’s not the case, let me know.

2. 2 Posted by Arfon Smith on 02 Dec, 2013 01:07 PM

Hi Pat

Your restart seems to have fixed things - many thanks. To answer your question, the following is in config/sphinx.yml:

production:
    version: '2.1.0'

Regarding the monit thing - should this issue be addressed by yourselves going forward or is there anything I need to do in my application?

Cheers
    Arfon

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Pat Allan on 02 Dec, 2013 01:30 PM

Hi Arfon

The monit issue is a bug (that I've not seen before) at my side of things - you didn't do anything wrong, nor should you need to change anything.

Good to know search requests are working correctly again.

Cheers

Pat

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac