Errors started last night

forrest

07 Feb, 2016 09:50 PM

I started receiving the below error last night:
NoMethodError: undefined method `read' for "matter_delta":String. This is occurring in our Heroku application "lexspot2".

I didn't update our server last night, so I'm not clear on what's causing these or even if they're having an impact on our production search results. When I checked on our dashboard, I saw that the sphinx process was stopped. I was able to get it restarted, but now I see that it is both running configure and index every few minutes.

Any help you could provide in understanding this error would be great. Thanks in advance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Pat Allan on 08 Feb, 2016 12:05 AM

Hi Forrest

Not sure what the cause of this error is - but are you able to let me know what versions of rails, thinking-sphinx and flying-sphinx you’re using, plus the version and type of your ts-*-delta gem? Also, a stack-trace would be great (at least the lines related to these gems, if you’d prefer to keep your code details private).

Cheers

Pat

2. 2 Posted by forrest on 08 Feb, 2016 04:41 PM

Thanks for the update, Pat. Just as unusually these appear to have stopped. Will take your suggestion to set quiet_deltas: true in production.

3. forrest closed this discussion on 08 Feb, 2016 04:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac