Cannot get FS working

Todd

24 Apr, 2018 09:14 PM

I just set up the FS addon.

When I tried to `heroku run rake ts:index` I got `ThinkingSphinx::ConnectionError: Error connecting to Sphinx via the MySQL protocol. Lost connection to My
SQL server at 'reading authorization packet'`. Reading some of the discussions here I tried `heroku run flying-sphinx start` and got `Action timed out. If this is happening regularly, please contact Flying Sphinx support: http://support.flying-sphinx.com`

I have tried these each a few times.

I am a little stuck. Please advise.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Pat Allan on 24 Apr, 2018 11:44 PM

Hi Todd,

Sorry to hear things haven’t been working for you. Can you let me know what the name of your Heroku app is, and also which versions of the thinking-sphinx and flying-sphinx gems you’re using? That’ll help me debug further.

Kind regards,

Pat

2. 2 Posted by Todd on 25 Apr, 2018 05:58 PM

Things seem to me working for me now. The 'View Log' links in the Dashboard yesterday was coming up blank for some reason, but today I am see I missed the configure step so my bad.

Thank you for your response!

Todd

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Pat Allan on 26 Apr, 2018 04:12 AM

Ah, that was due to a fix I made yesterday - I’d noticed the errors, glad the information’s now getting through and the logs are useful :)

Do get in touch if anything else isn’t working as expected!

Cheers,

Pat

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac