case insensitive issue on Heroku

Amine Bellakrid

23 Mar, 2013 10:03 PM

hey,
i have a description and when i search for a word for example "Vandermonde" it works but when i search for "vandermonde" it doesn't work on heroku .
I tried on a production mode in rails 3.2 everything the 2 queries work fine . i have no clue how i can debug that on heroku.
i guess there's a difference between case insensitive in thinking sphinx and flying sphinx.
Really appreciate your help .

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Pat Allan on 23 Mar, 2013 10:17 PM

Hi Amine

What's the name of your app? I can investigate further once I know that. Also, what's the Thinking Sphinx search call you're making that's getting nothing back when you're using all lower case? And do you have anything in config/sphinx.yml (or config/thinking_sphinx.yml if you're using TS v3).

Cheers

Pat

2. 2 Posted by Amine Bellakrid on 23 Mar, 2013 11:07 PM

the app : mathcast.herokuapp.com
    the search is : "vandermonde" vs "Vandermonde"
    yes i have a config/sphinx.yml where i put :

development:
    charset_table: "0..9, a..z, _, A..Z->a..z, U+00C0->a, U+00C1->a, .....

production:
    version: '2.1.0' charset_table: "0..9, a..z, _, A..Z->a..z, U+00C0->a, U+00C1->a, ......

I'm using thinking sphinx 2.0.11 and flying-sphinx 0.8.4

Cheers

Amine

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Pat Allan on 24 Mar, 2013 01:34 AM

I've just run some queries directly against your Sphinx daemon - both Vandermonde and vandermonde return two results. I can see on your site that the behaviour is different though... but when I search on your site, I'm not seeing any queries appear in the Sphinx log. Do you have any caching in place?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac