Pat Allan on 22 May, 2017 03:42 AM
I’m not sure why, no, though now I’m wondering if I broke the behaviour at some point and accidentally fixed it lately?
I _have_ been making some updates to the API over the past week, but the test coverage is pretty solid and I’ve not been changing behaviour, just updating libraries and internals. Do you know exactly when this error started cropping up for you?
Since yesterday. We just installed one in our staging "Mushroomcam-Staging" and it is having the exact same problem. But our previous listing (before the ones yesterday and just now) was about a week ago and back then we didn't have any problem.
Pat Allan on 22 May, 2017 04:26 AM
Ah, I’ve found the cause - in my changes yesterday, I lost the Content-Type: application/json header for blocked API requests (valid ones kept the header). So, instead of logging the blocked request, the HTTP code in the flying-sphinx gem now complains because it doesn’t think it was dealing with JSON.
So: delta indexing was never doing anything for your app, it’s just that this was only being noted in your logs, rather than raising an exception.
The headers are now being sent through consistently, so you should find the exceptions have stopped again.