Heroku database updated, now no permissions

Nathan

02 Aug, 2017 07:07 PM

Hi Pat

I'm getting a `role "wondbwcmwzxhue" is not permitted to log in` error after upgrading my Heroku database. Nothing in the knowledge base I can find around this.

Is the sphinx auth tied to the database somehow? What's the best way to reestablishing the right auth user - re-add the product or something around config?

Hope you're well!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Pat Allan on 03 Aug, 2017 01:07 AM

Heya Nate :)

The Sphinx configuration has the database auth details in it - so yeah, when the database changes, Sphinx needs to be updated as well. The following command should do the trick: `heroku run bundle exec flying-sphinx configure` - and then you can run a full index after to confirm everything’s fine: `heroku run bundle exec flying-sphinx index`.

Flying Sphinx doesn’t have any ability to get new database credentials automatically - which is completely fair and right - but yeah, such situations are often the cause of db/indexing failures. I’ll try to make that clear in the docs!

Hope all’s going well for you,

Pat

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac